Friday, January 22, 2010

Preslee Elle...

UPDATE!
We took Preslee to Primary Childrens yesterday and had the plastic surgeon look at her head. He did a cat scan on her to see all of the bones in her skull. He looked at the scan and came in and told us there ISN'T anything wrong with her skull. He said it is shaped a little bit funny but that she should grow out of it in a couple months! We are so HAPPY that everything turned out to be ok! Now we just get to enjoy our new addition and not have to worry about surgery! Thank you to everyone who prayed for us! It really means a lot!

Ok so my pictures uploaded completely backwords but you get the idea! Enjoy our newest addition!!!


A week and a half old!


Big sister!

Ready to go home!

Our first new family picture!

Proud big sister!

Look at that pouty face!

So I know you all have been patiently waiting for this post so here it is! I wanted to write down her birth story so I don't forget it so feel free to skip this part and just look at the pictures of my TINY! We went to our appointment on the 11th and my Dr. checked my and I was barely at a 1. She told me that as long as I was 39 weeks that she would induce me so I said Friday it is and she said well we could do it Thurs. so I said why not!? We got everything done that needed to be done and I got my house all clean and ready and we headed to the hospital at 4:30 am on Thurs. the 14th to get her here! My parents took Macee to their house so we didn't have to worry about her and that was really nice.
We got to the hospital and they did the usual and made me answer 50,000 questions (or maybe not that many) and tried to get my I.V. started but my veins weren't cooperating. After 5 tries the nurse supervisor finally got one in my right hand in a weird spot but they told me I would just have to deal with it there because they couldn't get it anywhere else. After a few hours the contractions were getting pretty intense and the nurse could tell I was in a lot of pain so she paged for the anesthesiologist to come and give me my happy medicine! He got there about 15 minutes later and I couldn't have been more happy to see a strange man!
The nurse checked me a little bit after I had my epidural and she just had a weird look on her face and she looked at me and said, "I feel a bum not a head!" I said so what does that mean a c-section and she said yup. So che called my Dr. and she came over and checked me and did an ultra-sound just to be sure and sure enough the little stinker was breech! She said that her and another Dr. would be back within an hour to do the c-section.
They got me all prepped and the happy medicine man came and numbed me some more and before we knew it we were in the operating room about to see our little girl. I was a little worried about Roger since he doesn't do so well with the blood and guts stuff but he sat by me and did fine. I have to say it's the weidest feeling in the world to be able to hear and feel whats going on but to not have any pain. The Dr's were awesome and were joking around with us and made it so we were very comfortable and at ease about the whole thing. I know that women have c-sections all the time but its different when it's you going through it! Anyway within 10 minutes she was born bum first and she was pooping on her way out! She weighed 6 lbs. 12 oz. and was 18 1/2 inches long. I keep saying she's tiny and she is compared to Macee who was 9 lbs when she was born! She is a pretty good baby for the most part and only cries when you take her clothes off or when she's hungry, (which seems to be a lot!) She was born with craniosynostosis which is one reason why the Dr thinks she was breech, since her head is mis-shapen and she didn't want to come down the birth canal. She will be going to Primary Childrens on Tuesday to be seen by a plastic surgeon and a neuro surgeon and we will decide what to do about her skull. Other than that she is beautiful and healthy and we love her to pieces already! Macee had a little bit of a struggle the first couple of days but I think she likes her and will keep her! ;)




Here's a link if you would like to know a little bit about craniosynostosis.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craniosynostosis

17 comments:

Leslie said...

She's absolutely beautiful Holly! I can't wait to meet her in person!

Mom said...

Thanks for the update! THese are all cute pictures of her. Can;t wait to take some more.

Unknown said...

Holly, she is so precious!! That is crazy about the c-section. I can't imagine how that must have been. But you just do what you have to do when these babies have different plans. Congratulations!!!!

Amanda said...

She is beautiful! I hope everything goes well at Primary's Congratulations!

That Girl said...

She's absolutely gorgeous - and you look fantastic!

I'm so glad everything went well. Good for you for being calm and collected during the surgery. I'm a big believer in being flexible and just taking what comes - whatever's best for the baby! Props to you.

Kiss those girls for us!

Kaylin said...

Wow Holly, she's so beautiful! Congratulations!! And way to go handling the c-section like a pro! :) That must have been a little scary. My neighbor's daughter had the same condition as Preslee- and she's now six years old as beautiful as ever- which of course, is how Preslee will be! If you are going to be at Primarys- that's up by me. Please please let me help! Bring Macee over to play all day or anything and then we'll have dinner ready for you when you come pick her up again. Please let us help! We're right here and I'm home all day!! My number is 801-750-4596! Seriously, call me. What's your number?

Ford Fam said...

She is so cute and you look great! I am calling you soon! I just wanted to give you some time to breath and catch your breath. I'm dying to get details!

Lynette said...

Holly, Im so happy for you and your cute little family! See you soon!

Lynette said...

Holly, I'm so happy for you and your cute little family! See you soon!

Connor and Jana said...

She is so beautiful! I hope you are feeling okay! We need to come and see her in a few weeks!

Natalie & Chase Gustman said...

holly she is amazing! I am glad everything turned out ok, you guys are such a cute family! I love her name too! very cute!

Janille said...

Congrats you guys! She is beautiful! I am glad that everything worked out!

Unknown said...

Just read the update... YAY!!! I am so happy that everything is fine. I have been thinking about you guys a lot!

Britt said...

So glad everything is ok with Preslee. What a relief! I hope you're healing ok. I've had 3 c-sections so I don't know what it's like to heal normally, but I had a HARD recovery. I hope you're ok. I feel bad that I can't do much for you now with all of us being sick. Hopefully I can come see Preslee soon and take Macee for you one of these days!

raw mom said...

yay congrats! but sheesh! who wants a surprise c section? she is darling and and i'm so glad you guys dont have to go through the whole surgery thing!

ps andy loved the name presley and wanted to name Liv that! it;s a good one!

Kaylin said...

Oh I'm so relieved for you guys!! What a beautiful blessing to not have to endure that trial!

Arin said...

Oh...she is so so sweet! What a doll. Hope you are enjoying her..keep the pics coming!

Believe in Happily Ever After and it will come true!