Friday, September 5, 2008

Here Piggy Piggy...

Ok so for those of you that don't know I got a job at the Credit Union here in Ephraim just working a couple days a week when Roger is home from work. I just needed something very part-time to get me out of the house so I don't go crazy and of course the extra cash is GREAT... it will be my spending money!!! (Roger thinks otherwise but oh well!) Anyway... yesterday was my first day and I pretty much just shadowed another teller trying to learn their system. The company had their summer party last night and they invited us to go so we did. They had super yummy food and it was up in the mountains at a fun cabin. After we all ate they said we have a few prizes but not enough for everyone so we put everyones name in a hat and we will choose winners. I thought to myself that would be cool if I won on my first day working there... So they told us that they had bought 3 pigs at the fair and were having them slaughtered and packaged and that 6 of us would get a half a pig! So I'm thinking sweet, that's awesome we could really use the meat, and next thing I know they draw my name 4th!!! So anyway to make a short story long, now we have to buy a freezer to put the meat in and we are super excited!




And we named the pig "Dinner" by the way!! ***WINK WINK*** (for you mom)

4 comments:

Ford Fam said...

That is hilarious. Look at you now, 7 years ago who knew you would be excited about getting a piggy to eat!

Anonymous said...

Excuse me!!! I'm not the one that thought is was going to be a pet! That was Mollie! LOL!

Richins Family said...

holly!! wow it's been forever :) how are you doing? i was reading your blog and noticed your moving back to ephraim :) not going to lie i'm a little bit jelous!! seriously! snow will always be a place that i love! anyway i'd love to hear from you!!
Carlee

strickland party of six said...

Oh my gosh, I did not know you were married to roger, I am the lady who makes the tutus and i came across your blog your husband use to be my brother best friend.. How funny tell him harmonie lives her and you guys will have to come by my house sometime. you have a cute family. If he doesn't remember me i'm sam's sister!!! well tell roger we are opeing a 24 hr fitness center too, i thought he might like to know that. let me know about the tutus. chkkbjstrickland.blogspot.com

Believe in Happily Ever After and it will come true!