Wednesday, March 5, 2008

aLL bEtTeR!!!

Stupid I.D. bracelet!!!


Macee had her surgery on her ears on Tuesday and things couldn't have gone better! We had to be to the hospital by 6:40 in the morning so we were all really tired. I think Macee could tell that something was going on because she was shaking and nervous. The nurse was taking her heart-rate and she took it 3 or 4 times because Macee's heart was racing and she wanted to make sure she was going to calm down! They gave her some sort of medicine that was supposed to make her loopy and calm so that they could take her into surgery and not have her remember anything and also so they could pry her away from me. She was so funny after they gave it to her. The bracelet that they put on you so they know who you are was put on her leg because her arm was too small and that thing was going to be the death of us all. Macee was having a cow because she wanted it off and she didn't know what was going on and by this time she is really loopy and she is drooling through her binkie and she just has this la la land look on her face like what is so funny? Roger and I were cracking up!!! Even after surgery she just wanted that stupid thing off of her and she cried about it until we were in the car on our way home and I finally pryed it off of her leg! Trauma!!! Anyway they let us talk to the doctors before surgery and they took her away from me and she was crying and then I wanted to cry because she was crying but anyway we sat in the waiting room and it seemed like only a couple minutes had passed and the doctor was back telling us that everything went well and that we would be able to see her soon. We met her back in recovery and I was so happy to hold her again! We stayed there for about a half hour and then they let us go home! We were all so tired from a long morning that we all took about a 3 hour nap. Macee still has a really scratchy throat from the tube they put down it suring surgery and she tugs at her ears a little bit but other than that she is back to her normal happy little self!! I am glad its over and now the talking begins hopefully!!! Thanks to everyone who said prayers for her and have been concerned for us, it means a lot to all of us.


4 comments:

Ford Fam said...

Glad everything went well and that it is all over for you. I bet it was extremely hard, stuff is always so much worse when it is your kids. Hope the talking starts soon, it is a lot of fun!

Kaylin said...

You almost made me cry! Guess that's what moms do! You handled it a lot better than I would have it sounds like! I'm really happy to hear that it went well! East and I might be in St. G this next weekend (the 14-16th)- if we come I would LOVE to see you and play! I think our kids might like each other- they are so alike! I'll let you know if we are coming down or not soon.

Arin said...

So glad that everything went so well. Good luck with the talking, she'll come around! Please send some of your warm weather up here..it is freeeezing!

Whitney Parry said...

I'm so glad things went well.. such a relief I'm sure!:) She is adorable by the way!:)

Believe in Happily Ever After and it will come true!