Monday, March 17, 2008

WhAtEvEr HaPpEnEd...



Whatever happened to good old tv...
So most of my fam knows this but Roger and I don't have satellite or cable tv. We simply don't have room in our budget for it and honestly we don't really need all that comes along with it. We do although thanks to my brother Blake have or should I say "had" one station which was KUTV Channel 2. After I had Macee and Blake was here staying he was bored and figured out that we could get that one station with a radio antenna, tinfoil, and Roger sitting there holding it! Anyway we went and bought a set of bunny ear antenna's and have been able to watch one station, just enough to let me watch the news and to be able to watch my most favorite reality shows, i.e.: Survivor, Amazing Race, Big Brother, and some of the other shows on that station. It keeps me sane because I feel like I am still somewhat a part of the world! And now that the writer strike is over I was finally going to be able to watch new shows instead of re-runs! So I have been hearing about the new switch to Digital TV that will be happening in Feb. 09 and how I would need to get a nifty little Digital Box to be able to watch tv, but little did I know that when I would wake up this morning I would turn on the TV and there instead of the morning news and The Price Is Right (which I must add is Macees favorite show) there is the new RTN or the Retro Television Network! Wow! Is all I have to say. It plays old re-runs of all of the old shows that my parents used to watch. Just to name a few: Hunter, Happy Days, and many many more old shows! I got online to see what was going on and why I couldn't watch my beloved morning news show anchors and to my surprise I found out that Channel 2 decided to do the switch to digital television early and that it only affects a few select people in the St. George area! Of all the luck!!! We were lucky enough to be some of the select few! So needless to say I am rambling but I went to a website where you can sign up for coupons for the digital box and signed up to have one sent to us. So hopefully in 2-9 business days we will have our coupon and be able to go get our box. All I have to say is that I'm not the only dissapointed one in the house! Any of you who know my hubby knows that March Madness officially kicked off yesterday and KUTV is the station that runs every single game for the next month. Roger is officially going to be glued to the internet now for the next week instead of the tv. I think he about fell to the floor when I told him we didn't have that station anymore, he came right home from work and turned on the tv just to make sure I wasn't pulling his chain! Thank heaven for March Madness On Demand!!!!



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a funny looking TV picture you found! LOL! Send Rog over to the Kelly's to watch basketball.

Kaylin said...

He he he... sneaky little trick that TV tried to play on you guys! Too bad that TV didn't know he was outnumbered by the interent! lol. Seriously though- I had no idea about this digital tv thing you're talking about. And you think you're out of the loop.

Ford Fam said...

I can't believe Roger will settle to watch it online. Kyle would be furious if he couldn't watch. I'm sad you can't watch your shows though. Sometimes TV shows are one of the only things I look forward to in the day, which is really really sad!

Ford Fam said...

hey where did you get your background/template?

The Watsons said...

Val,
I got my paper from Shabby Princess and I figured out how to do it from a girl who's link is on James and Cami's blog. By the way we knew them when we were at Snow, funny you're neighbors now! Anyway its under Suzannes Blog Designs and there's a link on there and she takes you step by step through the whole process! Its time consuming but fun and definitely worth it!

Arin said...

Isn't it sad that our lives are totally centered around TV...just last night I was sad that I missed American Idol..how sad? Thank goodness for the internet, you gotta love it. Love the new background by the way. You are totally right...very time consuming but totally worth it!

Believe in Happily Ever After and it will come true!