Thursday, May 14, 2009

PoTtY TrAiNiNg...




So I'm writing this so that I can hold myself accountable to everyone that reads this and for my own personal satisfaction when it actually happens I can look back at this and say that I actually did it.
Macee has really had NO interest in going potty on the "big girl pobby" as she calls it. We have tried for the last 6-9 months to get her interested in it and trying to catch her going so that we can take her to the potty, offering bribes, letting her watch me go so she can see what she is supposed to do, (which by the way, she always claps and tells me Dood Job Mommy! and gets so excited for me) She has only gone pee on the potty twice and she still doesn't want anything to do with it.
My sister-in-law found a website for a book that guarantees to have your child potty trained in 3 days and she gives one on one advice along with the purchase of her book and answers any questions that you might have along the way, even if its a year down the road. I decided to sucker into it and bought it and really like what I read and how she approaches the whole process. Its mostly common sense stuff but she gives you step by step instructions and she helps support you through the process.
We will be starting this tomorrow if I can get Roger to read the book today so he can help me but I am very excited and hope that this time it clicks with her and she can be a big girl now! Wish me Luck and lots of Patience! I will update later on our potty progress!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Woohoo!! Big steps... it is amazing how the potty training phase can feel like an eternity and then it is done and over with and you wonder what you ever stressed about so much. Although, I am not looking forward to going through it again but I wish you all the best of luck!! :)

Rhonda said...

Good luck!!! Peyt is still so so. If it works let me know! The video didn't seem to affect him any. I just keep reminding myself patience, patience but its so hard!

Ford Fam said...

Lots and lots of good luck to you!

Mom said...

You can do it! Now can she??? Good luck! Let me know how it goes!

Anonymous said...

Hey, look into a movie called Potty Time. it's a little boy named Bobby's birthday party and all about using the potty, my little Brinlee watched it and loved to go potty from there on out! It was a great help. I'm not sure who produced the movie, I just borrowed it from someone, but it was GREAT! Good luck!

Janille said...

GOOD LUCK! It was almost a year that I worked with Madi. Then one day it was just like a light went on and she had it down. Maleea potty trained herself before she was two (that was WONDERFUL!). So it all evens out. I have decided that it is 100 percent them and on their own time. Just be patient and positive! It will come!

Believe in Happily Ever After and it will come true!