Wednesday, February 27, 2008

18 mOnTHs...

Obviously I don't have a lot to talk about besides Macee since she is pretty much my entire life but I know my family likes to hear about her and what's going on. Macee had her 18 month checkup today and I have to say that I actually had a good experience at the doctors office. Usually when the doctor comes in the door Macee automatically freaks out. She screams and cries and won't let him look at her and do the things he needs to do. I have to hold her down and fight with her the whole time. Just to say she has already freaked out at the nurse when she tried to weigh her but anyway... The doctor came in today and she actually smiled at him:) WOW!!!! is all I have to say. I think he was a little shocked too. I love our doctor and he is so fun with Macee and always tells her she is beautiful and he always listens to my concerns and takes time to talk, I don't feel rushed like you usually do at the doctor. So back to my story... Macee has had a rash for the last week and I asked him about it and he said its just one of those weird things that kids get and its not contagious it doesn't hurt her and it will be there for about 6 weeks he said. Roger is relieved that she's not dying or something!!!(he's very protective and has been worried about her so now he can calm down about it) Shes off the charts in her height again and just right in her weight and head circumference. She gets her tubes in her ears on Tuesday and we are looking forward to her starting to talk. Everyone keeps telling me I will regret saying that but I think it is different when your child actually can't do something yet that all of the other kids their age are doing and it makes me sad sometimes that she still can't communicate with us because it is very frustrating for her and for us as parents. I am a little nervous for the surgery but I am told that her doctor is very good and will take good care of her. Her appointment went very good and Dr. Marsden said she looks like a healthy, happy, and a very well-rounded toddler! All good things to hear as a mom and dad who are always hoping that we are being good parents and making sure that she does have what she needs and that we are teaching her the right things!

3 comments:

Ford Fam said...

Exciting times!! I hope the surgery goes well, is it down there or up here? Let me know how it goes. I think you will love the talking. Carson says the funniest things and just makes me laugh all the time.

Kaylin said...

I can relate to what you said about Macee not talking when all the other kiddos are. Easton is still not talking like I know he should be. We've been told boys take longer than girls- and that he is just taking his time- but it still concerns me. Good luck with the surgery! Have her daddy give her a special blessing and she'll do great.

Rachel said...

Macee is such a doll! I haven't seen her since she was just a baby. Good luck with the surgery and everything

Believe in Happily Ever After and it will come true!