Wednesday, February 20, 2008

OuR LiTtLe VacAtiON!!!

This past weekend we took a trip up to Lehi-ish to celebrate Valentines Day, Our 6th Anniversary, My Birthday, and Roger's Birthday. Roger did a bunch of planning and got us a hotel room up in SLC and we got tickets to the Utah Grizzlies Hockey Game and we had plans to go spend a day in Park City and do some shopping. We had a doctors appointment on the 14th for Macee because she has to have tubes put in her ears to drain the fluid out so she will be able to hear better and start talking. She has surgery on March 4th. The doctor said it will only take about 10-15 minutes and it is usually harder on the parents than it is on the child. We are excited to get it done so she can start progressing on her speach. The whining all of the time is about ready to drive us all crazy!!! We left after that and got up to Lehi and found out that my brother Blake and his wife Mollie are expecting a baby in Sept. (Congrats!!!) I woke up the next morning with our plans set and had the worst Migraine headache of my entire life. I couldn't open my eyes and it was to the point that it was making me sick to my stomach! Roger got worried that I wouldn't get feeling better so he called and canceled our hotel room for the night because he didn't want to pay for it if we weren't going. Anyway... I layed around for most of the day and eventually felt good enough to get ready and I really wanted to go check out the new Cheesecake Factory before the hockey game! We got there and it was a 2 hour wait and we didn't have time nor did we want to wait so we went to Applebees and then went to the hockey game. I had never been to one before but we had a lot of fun. I watched all of the people more than I watched the game (thanks mom!!!) but it was good to get away by ourselves! We did go to Park City on Saturday and just walked around all of the stores and found a couple of good deals on clothes and especially shoes. We all have Skechers now!!!!! We had a lot of fun and thanks to my mom and dad for watching Macee for us!!! She kept them very busy and now they know why I am so tired all the time! It was good to see all of my family and we got to see Rogers parents on the way back home. We all needed one more day of vacation to catch up on sleep and unpacking but we had fun! Its always good to be back home!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What do you mean, "Thanks, Mom!"? It's always more interesting to watch all the weird people then it is to see the event. BTY~ I love the count down for graduation!

Kaylin said...

If every 'vacation' went the way it was planned, it wouldn't be a true vacation! Sounds like you guys had fun though. Breaks are always great!
Next time you are up, schedule us in please!! Happy 6th Anniversary! Happy Birthday! Happy everything all at once! :)

Arin said...

I guess I can forgive this once for you being in Lehi and my mom seeing you but we don't! Sorry things didn't work out as planned, story of our lives..right? Glad it was fun for you though!

Rachel said...

Sounds like you guys ended up having fun, dispite the kinks in the plan. Happy Anniversary!

Ford Fam said...

Still sad we didn't get to see you. Next time for sure though. Glad you had fun. It is amazing how fun shopping can be again with out kids right!?

Believe in Happily Ever After and it will come true!